Residential Property Owners
In accordance with the mandates set forth by the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Commission, the City of Virginia Beach has developed a comprehensive program to rollback encroachment in Accident Potential Zone One (APZ-1) adjacent to Naval Air Station (NAS) Oceana. This includes a program where the city purchases property zoned for residential uses, both developed and undeveloped. Participation in the program is voluntary.
Residential property owners in APZ-1 should meet the following conditions to qualify for the program. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
- You must own the subject property.
- The property must be located in APZ-1 or the Clear Zone.
- The property must be zoned for residential use (e.g., R-5D, A-12, R5S or R5R, etc.) or, if zoned otherwise, developed with a residential dwelling unit. Please note that there are certain regions that do not qualify for the program. The city will advise you if your property does not qualify.
- You must voluntarily request that the city buy your property.
- Provide the address of the property you are interested in selling and whether or not it is different from your current mailing address.
- Provide any additional information that may help in identifying the subject property (examples include: Geographic Property Identification Number (GPIN) or a 'house location survey' received at your last house closing).
- Provide additional contact information that would be helpful when replying to your request like an email address and/or phone numbers.
If you think your property qualifies for the residential acquisition program, please complete the APZ-1 and Clear Zone Acquisition Plan Form for Willing Sellers here. If you are not sure if your property falls into these categories, please fill out the form at the link above and the city will review the property for you.
2405 Courthouse Drive,
Building 2, Room 115
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
William "Jack" Whitney, Jr., AICP